Sunday, October 25, 2009

Have a Seat

This blog will serve as the home of my second adventure path conversion project. Curse of the Crimson Throne also happens to be the second published Pathfinder adventure path. Much like my Rise of the Runelords project over at Tales from the Rusty Dragon, you will find everything you need to run Curse of the Crimson Throne in Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition here. First, a few notes on how I do things.

I am blessed with a thriving, local tabletop roleplaying community. I currently DM two weekly games with completely different sets of players, and these two groups serve as the playtest groups for my conversion projects. Because of this, nearly all of the material you find here will have gone through a live playtest, and incorporates improvements and revisions based on how the material played.

Material posted to the blog itself should never be considered final. I post my conversion notes as my group plays through the adventure. When the adventure is completed, I then fill in any remaining gaps in the conversion, compile it into a single PDF document designed to mirror the original adventure as much as possible, and then publish it to a document sharing site so that you can make use of it. Even after this PDF compilation is published, I will go back and revise the document multiple times as errors are pointed out to me, or new material is published that causes me to rethink earlier design choices. This is, I feel, the biggest strength of this form of online publishing.

In addition to the actual conversion information, I will also occasionally post non-mechanical advice on running the adventure path whenever I feel it would be helpful. I will do my best to explain any design decisions that stray significantly from the printed adventure. In my experience this happens fairly rarely, but when it does I will do my best to provide a plausible explanation for how the events of the adventure might play out in the way I describe.

I encourage comments, suggestions, and the active pointing out of errors that inevitably crop up. The best way to get my attention is to simply leave a comment in the blog post itself.

Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment